Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Interesting blog title, where did it come from?

The French Alps in route to Italy from England - Sept. 2007

I've always enjoyed flying. There's just something so special about being above the clouds looking down at the earth with awe and wonder, this is God's view! The tops of the clouds themselves are much more interesting and beautiful than the underside we can see from here.

Leonardo De Vinci once said:
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Wow, how could he have known? It's not like they had airplanes back then! The thing is, the closer I walk with the Lord and the more I long for my real home, I know for sure, I'm living on the wrong side of the clouds! This life will be a short one full of toils and troubles, heartbreak and sorrow. Sure, there are plenty of pleasures to enjoy, for a time, but they do not satisfy my heart! I still long to be in heaven, away from this world and all it's hatred and pain. That's why I called this blog 'The Wrong Side of the Clouds'. It's about my journey from here and all that goes with it! I hope you will bookmark this page and stop in from time to time. Please comment and let me know you're there. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: