Monday, October 6, 2008

Hmm, just a tidbit.

I'm really enjoying my Bible study and wanted to share this with you from today's lesson:

Finding pleasure in Christ is what The Lord's Table course is really all about. You see, many diet groups feel successful if one of their members stands up and testifies, "I have lost 30 pounds in 60 days, have gone from a size 14 to a size 8, and now everybody notices the new me." This is not success at all. Where is the mention of the heart finding repentance and forgiveness, the soul feasting on Christ, and the joy over a life that now lives to honor the Lord, rather than to gratify the flesh? This feasting and rejoicing and honoring the Lord all come from repentance. Any change apart from this will lead to pride and will-worship. "I did it, I lost weight, I overcame, I, I, I."

No, our purpose is not to exalt the will of man or woman. Our purpose is to honor the Lord, to magnify His grace, and to show the power of God in our lives. Repentance is the only way to truly be free from the power of temptation and sin, to honor the Lord with a disciplined life, and to savor the preciousness of Jesus Christ.
This is great stuff! I really feel like I have hit the jackpot with this study! I feel changed in my heart about food and eating and this is the only way to get there!

No comments: